Driving down my new street today, I saw the first beginning blushes of red on the trees and got SO excited. I think that we all have a season that just kind of suits us and fall is 100% mine. I love everything about it. (Except PSL's. I think the obsession with pumpkin spice everything is ridiculous. Go away cinnamon.) I digress...
Now that it's October, there are so many fall-centric activities that I am looking forward to participating in this season. I've created a little list of some of my faves.
1. Visit the haunted corn-maze and zombie paintball hayride. This has become one of my friends and my favorite traditions of the season. There is nothing funnier than hearing entire new octaves of screams from your male friends.
2. Bake pies that I can actually eat. I've mentioned it before, but I am super allergic to cinnamon (hence the PSL aversion,) and I generally can't eat most of the fall pies. This year I want to try my hand at a few different cinnamon-free versions like this one.
3. Plan a day-trip to Eureka Springs. Arkansas is so beautiful in the fall and Eureka Springs is the most fun little hole-in-the-wall town to visit. Maybe we'll even be able to stay the night in the haunted Crescent Hotel!!
4. Hike out to Whittaker Point. Speaking of beautiful places in Arkansas, Whittaker Point is supposed to be GORGEOUS in the fall and an amazing photo op.
" 5. Host a housewarming party. I'm so excited to show off my new home once I get fully settled in!
6. Tailgate at a local football game. Tailgating is a right of passage in Missouri and a fall can't go by without one good football party!
7. Decorate my stoop for the holidays. My mom has always been amazing at decorating her home for the holidays and now that she's retired, her decorating game is on a whole different level. I'd love to have adorable holiday-centric decorations!
8. Find the perfect costume for our annual Halloween party. I'm really thinking about this one.