* I've been loving pennants lately, and this one from Keep Exploring is pretty amazing. (They also have some bomb ass keychains.)
* The trailer for Pitch Perfect 2 just dropped and I'm already so stoked for it.
*In that same vein, these scratch off foil maps are sweet too.
* I can't remember if I've shared these before, but I saw these calendars from 1canoe (a local Missouri company too!) at my girl Emilie's house and can't wait to buy a 2015 one.
*Lorde's cover of Jeremih's 'Don't Tell Em" is sick.
* Holy mother of god I want to be @baddiewinkle when I grow up. Who am I kidding I want to be her now.
* # FeministPrincessBride is so good. Read all about it on Buzzfeed.
* Google Play has the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack available for FREE today...
* Speaking of soundtracks, I'm completely obsessed with the music from my fave, Transparent. Anything that highlights the perfection that is Bettye Swann's "The You Can Tell Me Goodbye" is a winner for me.
Friday, November 14, 2014
* J.K. Rowling wrote 6 new Harry Potter stories on Pottermore.
* Amy Poehler quizzing George R.R. Martin about Game of Thrones.
* Pretty Little Liars is one of my guilty pleasure shows, I get borderline obsessed...but sometimes the outfits are a little too random. Buzzfeed pointed out 41 of the most out of control ones.
* What Would Yeezus Wear is your new favorite tumblr. Here's a taste.
* Bennedict Cummerbatch does 11 imitations in 1 minute.
* John Oliver won the year with Last Week Tonight, & his finale shooting salmon at celebrities was the perfect end to the season.
*These holiday gif cards written by Mindy Kaling are great. (See more at farfetch.)
*These adults and children are asked what they would change about their bodies and they give very different answers...
Thursday, November 06, 2014
That's right Iowans, I blame your corn filled state for my swollen glands and inflamed throat.
I've spent the last two days in the (charming) city of Iowa City discussing climate change with my Midwestern sustainability counterparts, which honestly has been really great. But I'm pretty sure my puny southern immune system couldn't handle your crazy changing weather and here I am, web md-ing all of my symptoms. (So far I have either a cold, tuburculosis, or lung cancer.
There's really no middle ground with Web MD.
I had every intention of laying down in my hotel room monster bed (seriously, it took like, 3 rolls to get to the edge...) and writing my WMMH post for y'all this week, but I am afraid I might fall into my Tylenol cold & flu coma at any moment. Sooo I owe yall one.
👆👆👆👆This is me being a baby. 👆👆👆👆