There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
1. My socks almost NEVER match, so I buy really crazy and colorful ones so that it looks intentional :)
2. My first celebrity crush was on this guy who played Benjamin Pontapie in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. (His real name is Jeff Richards and if he were still alive today he'd be 90!) I used to watch it all the time at my grandparents house and sing along like crazy. (Look it up, he was pretty dreamy. And that movie is still one of my favorites!) I'm pretty sure that my second celebrity crush was a tie between Jonathan Taylor Thomas and the kid who played Rocky in the three ninjas. Swoon.
3. Brad Pitt and I have the same tattoo and we talked about it when I met him volunteering in New Orleans. (He's also from Springfield, such a small world!) I got mine first :)
4. I hate beans and bacon. My parents would make ham and beans every Wednesday night and I would just cry at the dinner table until they'd force me to eat them. I still can't stand the smell of either to this day. I'll probably be cursed with children who love both... EW.
5. When I was young my brother and I would create little games to make our chores more fun. Our favorite to play was restaurant, where we would pretend that we were closing down for the night after a busy evening at the restaurant we owned... I'm pretty sure we even made food tickets! Another favorite was being explorers on the trails behind our house and building tree houses and forts.
6. So as a planner, inevitably the first thing people say is "you must have played a lot of SimCity," as if the only thing that planners do is plop down buildings sporadically. That being said, (nerd alert) I totally have geeked out over the Sims ever since the first game came out and am pretty sure I have owned all of the different versions at some point! I've heard all of the theories about voyeurism and being able to control something, but I really just think that I like creating people and building their houses. It's fun!
7. I know the words to EVERY Lynyrd Skynyrd song by heart. My parents were huge fans and I grew up on southern rock. One of my favorite songs in the world is The Ballad of Curtis Lowe.
8. I am terrified of clowns. I saw IT as a child (way too early) and it literally RUINED me for circuses, street drains, and pretty much anything with a painted face. I'm also really scared of snakes, but am oddly drawn to any TV show that talks about them!
9. I'm obsessed with sharks! Shark week is totally a holiday for me, I get like a kid on Christmas! They're the most fascinating animals that are very misunderstood... I would love to get a grant to go to South Africa and study the effects of commercial chumming (for sport and cage diving,) on shark attacks.
10. I've had a recurring dream about being trapped in a cave with Betty Boop since I was a kid. If someone can tell me the meaning of this I would be so interested!
11. I'm obsessed with all things Jane Austen. I had to actually buy a second copy of Pride & Prejudice because I watched the first so many times the dvd stopped working! My favorite JA book is Sense & Sensibility, I just love Edward!
And here are the 11 questions that Kaelah tagged us in!
1. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
I don't really buy into the entire astrology thing, but only because my sign (Capricorn,) isn't a whole lot like me! But I will say that I do enjoy reading my horoscope every once in a while!
2. If you could teleport to any time and place, where would you go and why?
I would love to go back to either Jane Austen era England (I would love going to the dances and the dressing up,) or the swinging 60's, (because I would love to experience the music scene. Janis, Jimmy, the Beatles... such a great time!)
3. What are the three closest items to you right now?
My cell phone, Emilie, and the record player... (all shocking I'm sure!)
4. If you had a spirit animal, what would it be?
Maybe a fox, because they're mischievous and fun and love to get into things!
5. What is your earliest childhood memory?
The one sticking out to me at the second is getting ready for my first day of kindergarten. I had a pretty pink jumper that I LOVED and my daddy took me to my first day (which almost never happened b/c he had to drive so far to work.) Driving to school with Big Al was my favorite.
6. Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years?
Oh goodness, that is such a tough one! I would love to see myself settling down in a little house, (one with a spare bedroom, a craft nook, and a dishwasher! Ahh dreams.) And I would love to be comfortably in a career or possibly creating the business plans for my own little craft store.
7. Have you kept in touch with your childhood best friend(s)?
It's amazing what Facebook has done for childhood friendships! It makes it possible to check in on some of those people that you might have lost touch with, (like some of my Arkansas gal pals,) and of course I've kept in touch with one of my oldest besties, Miss Lucy B!. (I get to see her this weekend and I'm SOO excited!)
8. If you had to describe yourself in 5 words, what would they be?
chatty, open-minded, strong, caring, and of course unique
9. Describe your idea of a perfect day: Where would you go, what would you do, who would you do it with?
My perfect day would start off by sleeping in (but just a little,) meeting my pals for lunch somewhere new and exciting, and spending the afternoon crafting something pretty!. (I'd love a hammock somewhere in that equation too!) I might top off the day with a trip to the movies and a lovely cup of tea with my fam.
10. What kind of "weird" foods do you like? (They could just be weird to your friends/family, kind of like my pickle sickles!)
I love dipping french fries in Wendy's frosties
11. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
Oh I love collections! Currently I'm collecting buttons, cameras, green glasswares, and vintage paint-by-numbers.
1. Do you have a song that defines your life right now? What is it and why?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What is your all-time favorite book? Movie?
4. If you had to choose a "last meal", what would it include?
5. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
6. Who was your favorite Spice Girl? Backstreet Boy? N'Syncer?
7. If you could live the life of one movie or television character who would it be?
8. If you could do anything in the world (as a job) regardless of schooling or experience, what would it be?
9. What is your ideal Sunday morning?
10. What is the one thing you look forward to every day?
11. Why do you blog?
I'm tagging Emilie, Khalilah, and Jen! (Any anyone else who wants to participate! Let me know if you do!)